- Code: COMM.5560
- Fee: $897*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 20
- EFTS: 0.1667
- Subject: Business Management, Communications and Writing
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Whakatane|
Students will apply communication knowledge and skills in the evolving context of New Zealand and global business. This course will enable students to be better equipped to write business letters, reports, take notes from meetings and write up minutes. The course will also enable students to develop research skills and learn how to present to a small audience.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- apply current communication theories in business situations;
- identify and explain how personal factors and behaviours can influence the communication process in business situations;
- apply effective interpersonal communication skills in business situations;
- demonstrate oral presentation and writing skills that are clear, concise, courteous and correct, using currently recognised business formats; and
- analyse the interactions between communication practice and organisational performance.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017