- Code: MGMT.6903
- Fee: $897*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Business Management
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Pre-requisite||MGMT.5000 or equivalent skills and knowledge.|
The aim of this course is to provide students with the knowledge to evaluate and apply of a range of financial management components to assist decision-making in business contexts.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- examine the role of business finance in small and medium entities, and the business finance environment;apply capital budgeting techniques and evaluate investment decisions;
- apply working capital techniques to manage the finances of a business;
- compare and contrast financing options, and makerecommendations for given business situations;
- examine capital structure and cost of capital, and calculate cost of capital; and
- assess the inter-relationship of financial management issues for a given business situation and provide recommendations.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017