- Code: COMP.5105
- Fee: $856*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Agriculture, Business Management, Computing
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2, November|
This course will provide students with an understanding of the contemporary business environment in which they will operate as information technology specialists. Also, it will give students an introduction to the data and processes of standard business applications. The course provides an awareness of the broader function of information and its use within an organisation.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Distinguish between various types and purposes of organisations, and describe the major functional specialisations within them, and relate this to the function and data interactions in a selection of standard “back office” application systems.
- Describe the role of IT in enabling organisations to implement their business strategy, and link this to the different types of information systems available.
- Analyse business processes and data flows
- Describe the role and function of a typical application used to generate information at all levels within an organisation.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017