- Code: MGMT.5520
- Fee: $897*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 20
- EFTS: 0.1667
- Subject: Business Management
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Whakatane|
Course AimStudents will apply elements of economic theory to the contemporary New Zealand environment.
On successful completion of this course, students will:
- Understand the nature of economics and the methodology used to analyse the economic problem.
- Apply the supply and demand model to explain the behaviour of markets.
- Analyse the firm’s profit maximising behaviour in the different market structures.
- Evaluate the role of government in conditions of market failure.
- Apply macro-economic concepts and models to understand the aggregate environment.
- Analyse how government affects the economy.
- Evaluate the effects of international trade and changes in the global economy on New Zealand.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017