- Code: MGMT.6933
- Fee: $1,586*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Business Management
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
The aim of this course is to provide students with an understanding of the roles, functions and application of Human Resource Management within contemporary New Zealand organisations.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- evaluate the inter-relationship between human resource management, organisations and their environment;
- develop job documentation for organisational and employment purposes in a given situation;
- evaluate and select recruitment and selection and appointment options for a given situation in accordance with legislative requirements;
- apply principles of workplace learning to develop a training programme to meet individual and organisational needs;
- understand the role of performance management and its contribution to organisational effectiveness, retention and motivation of employees;
- understand how to develop equitable reward structures from a given set of data and develop a base pay structure; and
- apply an understanding of current legislative requirements for health and safety in the workplace to a given situation.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017