- Code: GENR.5581
- Fee: $793*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Tertiary and Vocational Skills
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
This course will provide students with an introduction to methods of collecting and using information, skills in utilising library resources, online/electronic database and computer software packages for research and essay writing, knowledge of proper referencing technique and developing logical arguments when answering research assignment.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- understand the process of finding, interpreting and presenting relevant information;
- write academic essays and reports and develop structured arguments;
- be familiar with different sources of information and evidence; and
- use software packages including Explorer, Word, Excel, Powerpoint to generate reports and presentation.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017