- Code: MGMT.5930
- Fee: $793*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Business Management
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
The aim of this course is to introduce students to the factors that influence management and management decisions within an organisation.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- identify the purpose of organisations and management;
- understand the importance of the development of management philosophies and their influence on current management practices;
- demonstrate their understanding of the influence of environments on organisational behaviour, by applying knowledge to a typical situation;
- understand the importance of ethics and social responsibility within an organisation;
- understand the elements of problem solving and apply a range of techniques that aid operational decision making;
- understand the purpose of planning and control and apply processes to a given situation;
- understand and apply knowledge of leadership, motivation and delegation; and
- understand team dynamics and how teams can influence an organisation.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017