- Code: MGMT.8002
- Fee: $793*
- Level: 8
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Business Management
|Time in class||60 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
|Related programmes||Master of Management;|
Students will analyse in-depth organisational quality management systems at both the macro and micro levels. A range of systems and approaches will be examined with a view to students being able to analyse, implement and improve such systems in organisations.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- investigate the conceptual and theoretical models of quality management and systems;
- critique and evaluate a range of quality management systems used in business;
- consider the legal and functional rationales for creating and implementing a quality management system;
- recommend a quality management system for a business at the macro level and create relevant implementation documentation at the micro level;
- review the quality management role in effectively implementing, monitoring, reviewing, evaluating and continuing to develop a quality management system at macro and micro levels; and
analyse current research findings relating to the measurement and effectiveness of quality management systems.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017