- Code: GENR.8001
- Fee: $793*
- Level: 8
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Tertiary and Vocational Skills
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||75 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
Students will learn how to investigate a range of significant challenges in their chosen field, then research and develop a proposal to overcome one of those challenges. The proposal will then be presented to a professional group for feedback, evaluation and action.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- investigate challenges in their chosen field;
- critically analyse specific solutions to one significant identified challenge;
- formulate a range of possible responses and solutions to the identified challenge;
- research literature in the area of the identified challenge;
- evaluate responses to the identified challenge;
- develop a comprehensive proposal to overcome the identified challenge; and
- present the proposal to a sector or professional audience.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017