- Code: CONS.3101
- Fee: $726*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Carpentry
|Time in class||64 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tokoroa, Taupo, Whakatane, Taumarunui|
Enable students to identify, interpret and explain regulations, documentation and procedures in relation to the residential building industry, and to undertake planning requirements for residential construction projects.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the function of the Building Act and building codes in relation to obtaining a building consent.
- Prepare the documentation required to obtain a building consent for a residential building project.
- Identify the site services required and plan the preparation of a site before the commencement of construction, including health and safety management.
- Investigate a range of effective verbal, written and computerised communication skills, and identify those that are relevant to the building industry.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the need for tradespeople to be aware of different cultural values, beliefs and behaviour in a multi-cultural society.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017