- Code: CONS.4100
- Fee: $726*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Carpentry
|Time in class||24 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
Semester 2 intake: Mokoia Campus Only
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tokoroa, Taupo, Taumarunui, Te Puke|
Skills and knowledge required to understand and apply a range of theoretical and practical carpentry skills for the preparation and set-out a proposed building site, and construction of a subfloor for a single-level dwelling.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Determine the process for setting-out and setting-up profiles for a building site.
- Investigate and compare types of pile foundation systems and steel reinforced concrete strip footings.
- Read and interpret plans, working drawings and specifications to calculate quantities and costs for subfloor and flooring requirements, and prepare orders for materials.
- Describe the principles of concrete manufacture, ordering and delivery, placements and the requirements for residential structural applications.
- Outline the construction procedure for subfloor framing.
- Explain the compliance requirements set out in the Building Code in relation to exterior stair construction and timber decks.
- Set-out a stair stringer.
- Set out profiles, construct a subfloor, install under-floor insulation and lay sheet flooring to a single-level dwelling.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017