- Code: CONS.4105
- Fee: $726*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Carpentry
|Time in class||24 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
Semester 1 intake: Mokoia Campus Only
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tokoroa, Taupo, Whakatane, Taumarunui|
The aim of this course is to provide students with the skills and knowledge required to understand and apply a range of theoretical and practical carpentry skills to complete interior lining and finishing requirements for a dwelling, and obtain Code of Compliance certification.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Design a pre-line checklist, and explain the preparation of wall and ceiling framing prior to the installation of linings.
- Explain the effects of moisture in materials prior to fixing and moisture control strategies.
- Investigate the function, selection and correct installation of thermal and sound insulation materials.
- Check all bracing elements prior to linings being fixed.
- Read and interpret plans, working drawings and specifications to calculate quantities of internal linings required to complete a residential dwelling.
- Install wall and ceiling insulation, dry and wet wall linings, and bracing elements for a residential dwelling.
- Install finishing lines, doors, hardware, cabinetry and trims as per manufacturer specifications.
- Develop a schedule of final tasks required to obtain a Code of Compliance certificate, and compile relevant documentation for handover.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017