- Code: CWRT.4009
- Fee: $716*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Communications and Writing
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||75 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||On Demand|
Certificate in Applied Writing; |
Diploma in Applied Writing;
This course aims to enable students to gain skills which lead to the writing of crisp, accurate, informative correspondence in a variety of business situations, from small businesses to large corporations, from brief memos to formal reports. Students will develop a range of business-writing skills to achieve effective written communication for a variety of business purposes.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- select an appropriate format of correspondence for a particular task;
- select and use appropriate language for a variety of administrative, business and corporate correspondence;
- clearly convey ideas and information in administrative, business and corporate correspondence;
- write administrative correspondence in a variety of forms;
- write business correspondence in a variety of forms; and
- write corporate correspondence in a variety of forms.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017