- Code: CWRT.4001
- Fee: $716*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
|Time in class||75 (approximate total hours)|
Certificate in Applied Writing; |
Diploma in Applied Writing;
Creative writing skills will provide students with knowledge relevant to the principles and practice of creative and practical writing. Students will develop necessary skills, explore own goals and strengths and be encouraged towards 'becoming a writer'.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- apply foundation writing principles to develop and further own writing goals;
- select realistic goals in relation to their aims, strengths and weaknesses as a writer;
- generate, research and develop ideas for stories, poetry and/or prose;
- discuss the importance of writing appropriately for a specific market;
- analyse the basic aspects of legal issues as relevant to a writer; and
- write in a professional manner to an identified market.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017