- Code: COMP.7114
- Fee: $856*
- Level: 7
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Computing
|Time in class||60 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Pre-requisite||COMP.6105 Network Administration and Support|
The aim of this course is to provide students with an insight into computer systems security and carry out advanced tasks in planning, operation and monitoring of comprehensive systems security.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- identify and explain elements of Computer System Security;
- identify and explain a selection of hardware and physical layer security solutions;
- research and analyse network security issues and solutions from the LAN and WAN (Internet) perspectives;
- critically evaluate platform specific operating systems and application security issues and solutions; and
- analyse a given case study with a view to determining and evaluating possible security solutions.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017