- Code: COMM.3124
- Fee: $716*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Communications and Writing
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||90 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Waiariki Business and Computing Centre|
|Related programmes||New Zealand Certificate in Computing (Intermediate User) (Level 3);|
Students will use a range of communication tools to share, advise and guide others through personal and social experiences and solving problems. Students will recognise the difference between good and bad writing in order to build a portfolio of business documents for self promotion. Students will research and survey a local establishment in relation to the importance of communication in employment and present the outcomes to a given audience.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate effective use of online communication tools;
- identify the relevant skills and develop techniques to solve problems, and manage time effectively;
- apply effective writing skills in a variety of simple business documents;
- identify the features of, and distinguish between, good and bad technical writing;
- apply a simple communication process and non-verbal communication skills in a given situation;
- address a group on a prepared topic using appropriate verbal and nonverbal presentation skills; and
- demonstrate communication via social networking.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017