- Code: COMP.7108
- Fee: $856*
- Level: 7
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Computing
|Time in class||45 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Pre-requisite||COMP.6108 Database Design and Development|
The aim of this course is to give students the ability to carry out standard DBA activities routinely done in industry.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the responsibilities of a database administrator;
- Monitor and analyse the various parts of a database;
- Carry out the various activities of a database administrator;
- Use Object Explorer or Transact-SQL for database administration;
- Discuss issues related to taking regular backups and restoring databases; and
- Analyse and discuss the issues related to tuning a database to enhance performance.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017