- Code: COMP.3122
- Fee: $700*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Computing
|Time in class||90 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Waiariki Business and Computing Centre|
|Related programmes||New Zealand Certificate in Computing (Intermediate User) (Level 3);|
This course will enable students to gain an understanding of visual concepts used in digital promotional material for design solutions and demonstrate knowledge of presentation and design applications in response to a design brief.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- collate evidence of existing practice that demonstrates appropriate content and design solutions;
- interpret and evaluate visual impact in promotional materials;
- apply basic principles and functions of presentation software;
- demonstrate the techniques of desktop publishing to create promotional materials using desktop publishing software in response to a design brief;
- select and use appropriate and effective vocabulary;
- demonstrate the basic concepts of using digital images and understand graphic format options;
- create a portfolio using computer software and digital images and/or graphics; and
- organise texts effectively: sequencing and structuring information, ideas and events.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017