- Code: COMP.5108
- Fee: $856*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Computing
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2, May, November|
The aim of this course is to provide students with an understanding of the way computers represent data and to give students an introduction to database systems.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe different types of data, system data objects, and operations on data.
- Create simple database designs to solve given business problems.
- Implement simple database designs to solve given business problems in a relational database using a software package.
- Implement simple database designs to solve given business problems in a relational database using SQL.
- Explain the meaning of the terms used in a database management environment.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017