- Code: COMP.4102
- Fee: $716*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Computing
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Related programmes||New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology Essentials (Level 4) ;|
The aim of this course is to provide students with basic mathematical and coding skills relevant to computer programming and that are also sufficient for entry to degree level study in computing.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- use appropriate (manual) mathematical techniques to calculate with and convert between different number systems;
- describe different coding systems and design an appropriate coding system for a given situation;
- solve realistic problems using mathematical equations in order to solve for different variables;
- use logic principles, symbols and terms to develop and represent logic statements and to check the validity of such statements;
- apply a number of different ways to document programme logic;
- design structured logic solutions;
- desk check the design using test data;
- translate logic solutions into a selected programming language; and
- document a simple computer program.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017