- Code: CREA.6101
- Fee: $423*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Art ,
|Time in class||60 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
New Zealand Diploma in Arts and Design (Level 6); |
Bachelor of Creative Technologies;
The aim of this course is to introduce students to fundamental knowledge and skills for establishing a creative business. Students will examine a range of business structures and models, local and global production and distribution processes, and financial and legislative requirements relevant to creative industries. A core focus of this course is developing business networks, and identifying and responding to business and funding opportunities within the creative sector.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Compare and contrast business structures and finance options for small business entities.
- Examine sources of advice and assistance available for small business enterprises.
- Differentiate local and global production and distribution processes relevant to the creative sector.
- Determine legislative, financial, taxation, record-keeping and infrastructure requirements and considerations for small business entities within the creative industry.
- Research and analyse entrepreneurship and business models relevant to the creative sector.
- Investigate, evaluate and develop potential business networks and opportunities for creative enterprises.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017