- Code: TECE.5023
- Fee: $744*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Early Childhood
|Time in class||72 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
Taupo intake: Semester 2 only;
This course focuses on the development of knowledge and understandings about how research and reflection are interconnected with the practice of teaching. The role of the teacher as researcher as well as the processes of research and reflection will be explored and students will develop skills and explore processes which will empower them as beginning researchers.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Reflect on self as a learner/researcher.
- Use academic writing skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the purposes of research and reflection and discuss how they inform teaching practice.
- Locate relevant literature and use it academically.
- Discuss the role of the teacher as a researcher.
- Demonstrate the beginning use of e-learning tools.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017