- Code: TECE.5022
- Fee: $744*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Early Childhood
|Time in class||72 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
Taupo intake: Semester 2 only;
This course will introduce students to the different concepts of curriculum and the political, historical and cultural influences which shape it. Students will develop knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the impact it has on early childhood education in Aotearoa/ New Zealand.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss ‘curriculum’ as a concept and types of influences which shape curricula.
- Identify and discuss curriculum areas associated with early childhood education.
- Discuss Te Tiriti o Waitangi as an influence on curriculum.
- Demonstrate an understanding of New Zealand’s Early Childhood Curriculum.
- Discuss play as a vehicle for children’s learning making links to theories.
- Plan for the development and implementation of play in relation to the various curriculum areas incorporating te reo me ngā tikanga Māori
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017