- Code: GENR.6990
- Fee: $673*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Tertiary and Vocational Skills
|Time in class||20 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
This course will provide students with the opportunity to apply their specific discipline knowledge through the development of an improvement initiative in relation to an aspect of an industry relevant to their chosen discipline. Student will research an industry, select a subject area, plan a project of their own choice, gather and analyse information, formulate conclusions and recommendations, develop a written report and present project findings orally to an audience.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify an industry project, determine the scope of the project and write a research plan.
- Describe what information has been gathered and researched in relation to a project.
- Analyse collected data to determine findings.
- Formulate conclusions and recommendations for a project, applicable to a specific industry.
- Prepare a written report for a project.
- Prepare and deliver an oral presentation which explains project methodology, findings, conclusions and recommendations.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017