- Code: FROP.3105
- Fee: $608*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Forestry Operations
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||40 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||80 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, On Demand|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Murupara, Napier, Opotiki|
The aim of this course is to provide students with the knowledge of factors which affect the quality of logs, cutting instructions and log making measurement; and then demonstrate preparing for, marking logs to length and carrying out quality control of logs on a landing in accordance with the Best Practice Guidelines.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and explain factors which affect the quality of logs.
- Interpret and record cutting instructions and log making measurement.
- Outline and explain quality control requirements for logs on a landing.
- List the requirements, prepare and carry out quality control of logs on a landing
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Demonstrate knowledge of log making||1252||3||5|
|Carry out quality control of logs on a landing||25787||3||10|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017