- Code: HAIR.4306
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Hairdressing
|Time in class||30 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||52 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Whakatane|
|Related programmes||New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Emerging Stylist) (Level 4);|
The aim of this course is to provide students with the skills and knowledge to be able to perform advanced hair colouring and colour correction services. Students will develop and adapt colouring techniques to correct colour problems and create different looks.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the products, process and advanced techniques used for complex hair colouring and colour correction services.
- Carry out client consultation and hair and scalp analysis to determine client expectations, colour problems, and hair colouring service and correction requirements.
- Prepare clients and the service area for colouring and colour correction services.
- Use, combine and adapt advanced colouring techniques to create a variety of looks.
- Select and use colour correction techniques to remedy colour problems.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Colour hair to create a variety of looks||C&G 3002-68 306|
|Hair colour correction||C&G 3002-68 410|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017