- Code: HAIR.4308
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Hairdressing
|Time in class||30 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||52 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Whakatane|
|Related programmes||New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Emerging Stylist) (Level 4);|
The aim of this course is to develop students’ creative hairdressing design skills. Students will research and explore hair design concepts and the techniques used to create various designs, enabling them to produce hair designs for competitions, photographic work and fashion shows.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explore, research and develop hair design concepts and the technical skills required to create various designs.
- Use and adapt advanced colouring, styling and cutting techniques to create a variety of hair designs.
- Incorporate temporary hair extensions, accessories and ornamentation into hair designs.
- Plan, create and exhibit hair designs for competitions, photographic work or fashion shows.
- Evaluate hair design outcomes and effectiveness, and identify design and technical skill improvements.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Creative hairdressing design skills||C&G 3002-68 316|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017