- Code: HAIR.3304
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Hairdressing
|Time in class||30 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||52 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Whakatane|
|Related programmes||New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support) (Level 3);|
Gain introduction skills in hair styling and chemical hair perming services. Develop fundamental knowledge and skills in basic hair styling, the perming process and winding techniques.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and describe a range of hair styling services, techniques and effects including service preparation requirements, the different products used and how these affect hair structure.
- Explain the stages of the chemical hair reformation process and techniques used for perming hair.
- Undertake client consultation and hair and scalp analysis to determine hair styling service requirements.
- Prepare for and perform basic hair styling services.
- Perform perm winding techniques on manikins.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|The art of dressing hair (knowledge components and finger-drying practical only)||C&G 3002-60 209|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017