- Code: HAIR.3307
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Hairdressing
|Time in class||30 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||52 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Whakatane|
|Related programmes||New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support) (Level 3);|
The aim of this course is to provide students with knowledge and skills in salon reception duties and procedures within the hairdressing industry. Students will also develop skills in customer service, client consultation, and hair and scalp analysis to effectively determine client and hair service requirements.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe reception procedures within the hairdressing salon environment.
- Outline and explain hair salon services, timing, co-ordination, costs and customer service considerations.
- Identify and describe the characteristics of hair, hair and scalp conditions, and factors that may affect hair services.
- Perform a range of salon reception duties including scheduling client appointments, recording client details, processing payments and maintaining the salon reception area.
- Undertake client consultation and hair and scalp analysis to determine hair service requirements including influencing factors and client objectives.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Client consultation for hair services||C&G 3002-60 203|
|Salon reception duties||C&G 3002-60 216|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017