- Code: HAIR.3302
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Hairdressing
|Time in class||30 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||52 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Taupo, Whakatane|
|Related programmes||New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support) (Level 3);|
Gain the skills and knowledge to provide shampoo and conditioning services, and apply hair treatments using various scalp massage techniques. Learn about shampoo and conditioning products, and hair and scalp structure and conditions.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and describe the basic structure of the skin, bones and muscles of the head and neck.
- Outline and explain the various techniques used for scalp massage, water temperature and flow, hair and scalp conditions, and products used for shampooing and conditioning hair.
- Carry out limited scope hair and scalp analysis on clients to determine product and shampoo service requirements.
- Select and apply shampoo, conditioner and conditioning treatments to meet the needs of different scalp conditions, hair types and lengths.
- Prepare for and perform shampoo, conditioning and scalp massage services for different hair and scalp conditions.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp||C&G 3002-60 204|
|Scalp massage||C&G 3002-60 215|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017