- Code: PROF.8020
- Fee: $1,710*
- Level: 8
- Credits: 30
- EFTS: 0.250
- Subject: Health Studies
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||100 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Professional Studies; |
Master of Applied Professional Studies - Mentoring and Leadership;
Students will be able to monitor and implement an infection control programme and facilitate a health care risk management process.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Examine the components required to develop, implement and monitor an infection control programme.
- Analyse standards and guidelines that underpin healthcare infection prevention and control in New Zealand.
- Appraise tools for auditing and monitoring compliance with infection prevention and control procedures, guidelines, standards and related legislation.
- Investigate the function of infection prevention and control in relation to healthcare settings and the wider community.
- Examine contemporary theories, processes and resources that guide investigations such as root cause analyses.
- Critically evaluate the role of risk management in infection prevention and control.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017