- Code: HLTH.7511
- Fee: $1,710*
- Level: 7
- Credits: 30
- EFTS: 0.25
|Time in class||100 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
The student will develop an appreciation for ways in which leadership and clinical governance inform and support a comprehensive infection prevention and control programme.
- Critically examine management issues pertaining to the implementation and coordination of an Infection Prevention and Control programme.
- Critically appraise effective communication and the way it supports leadership in infection prevention and control.
- Identify and discuss the components required to develop, implement and monitor an infection control programme.
- Analyse management strategies that positively support evidence-based best practice and influence organisational behaviour.
- Demonstrate an understanding of standards and guidelines that underpin healthcare infection prevention and control in New Zealand.
- Explore the function of infection prevention and control in relation to healthcare settings and the wider community.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017