- Code: HOSP.3208
- Fee: $483*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 10
- EFTS: 0.0833
- Subject: Hospitality, Culinary Arts and Patisserie
|Time in class||24 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||40 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tokoroa, Taupo, Whakatane|
|Related programmes||New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service (Level 3), Cafe Services and Barista strands;|
Gain food and beverage preparation, and presentation skills. Develop a range of cookery methods and basic culinary applications, and preparing non‐alcoholic beverages for service.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain and differentiate fundamental food preparation and cookery methods for a range of basic culinary applications, and the use of various commodities and produce.
- Interpret and follow recipes for a range of café‐style food dishes and beverages.
- Calculate and measure ingredient quantities.
- Prepare (mise en place), cook and present café‐style food using a range of cooking methods.
- Prepare and present non‐alcoholic beverages.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Prepare, assemble, and present complex sandwiches for service in a commercial kitchen||13282||3||2|
|Provide café counter service in a hospitality establishment||14441||3||5|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017