- Code: TOUR.7786
- Fee: $793*
- Level: 7
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Tourism Operations
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
|Related programmes||Bachelor of Tourism Management;|
This course will provide students with an understanding of the national and international environment in which New Zealand hospitality industry operates, an awareness of critical issues facing the hospitality sector and knowledge of strategies for the development of competitive advantage.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the context within which the hospitality industry operates nationally and internationally;
- analyse and discuss a number of critical issues and constraints facing the local and international hospitality industry;
- analyse and appraise contemporary management strategies for the strategic operation of the hospitality industry; and
- assess the future of hospitality in the face of globalisation and technological advances.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017