- Code: TOUR.3001
- Fee: $673*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
|Time in class||96 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
The aim of this course is to give students the ability to evaluate a work role within the tourism industry in terms of personal and legal requirements.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify and evaluate specific roles in tourism
- Self evaluation of skills, knowledge and attributes in relation to a specific role in the tourism workplace
- Analyse the skills necessary to manage time effectively and efficiently and identify ways to alleviate personal stress within the tourism workplace
- Demonstrate knowledge of teamwork and its importance within a workplace
- Discuss the legal rights and responsibilities of employees and employers in a tourism workplace
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
This course includes NZQA unit standards 23755, 23768 and 24873.
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017