- Code: MAOR.6003
- Fee: $716*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Maori Studies
|Time in class||75 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tokoroa|
The aim of this course is to extend the repertoire of traditional Māori waiata and the history and traditions of this genre.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- perform the waiata Mōteatea learned with confidence;
- relate the historical events, names of places and people referred to in the waiata learned;
- participate in the performing of waiata Mōteatea learned in marae ritual;
- explain the appropriateness of particular waiata for different aspects of marae ritual; and
- analyse the different types of waiata Mōteatea learned and their application.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017