- Code: MUSC.4004
- Fee: $716*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Music
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
Students will be introduced to recording processes, compositional concepts and design, and studio etiquette and processes. They will develop essential pre-production skills that culminate in the performance and recording of no less than two original compositions.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of studio personnel roles, and studio terminology and etiquette;
- demonstrate and apply knowledge of the purpose of and processes involved in music recording and production, including pre-production and post-production;
- demonstrate and apply an understanding of the function and operations of studio sound equipment;
- perform and record two original compositions in the studio environment using an instrument of choice; and
- demonstrate and apply knowledge of compositional concepts and design.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017