- Code: PROF.8009
- Fee: $1,710*
- Level: 8
- Credits: 30
- EFTS: 0.250
- Subject: Nursing
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||50 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Professional Studies; |
Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Professional Studies;
Investigate altered anatomical and physiological processes that impact on health states. Appraise a range of diagnostic tools, holistic therapeutic regimes, and client responses to interventions. Apply holistic advanced nursing assessment and clinical reasoning knowledge for practice for identified vulnerable people.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Critically analyse effects and manifestations of altered anatomical and physiological states.
- Compare, contrast and interpret diagnostic data related to altered health states.
- Use research to evaluate holistic therapeutic interventions and implications for nursing practice.
- Apply advanced nursing assessment and clinical reasoning knowledge and skills within the practice context.
- Use reflexivity to evaluate in and on practice, as it relates to vulnerable people.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017