- Code: NURS.6316
- Fee: $1,700*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 30
- EFTS: 0.250
- Subject: Nursing
|Time in class||36 (approximate total hours)|
|Work experience||256 (approximate total hours)|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tauranga (Windermere)|
|Pre-requisite||MAOR.5010, NURS.5315, NURS.5116, NURS.5117, NURS.5218, NURS.5219, NURS.5220|
|Related programmes||Bachelor of Nursing;|
The aim of this course is to enable students to use research to inform professional nursing practice. Students will expand theory of nursing practice and skills to navigate the safe application of evidence based, holistic client centred nursing care for individuals and whānau families within an inpatient or ambulatory care environment
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Analyse inpatient and ambulatory care that relates to Māori health in the Aotearoa New Zealand health environment.
- Assess and appraise nursing care for selected health states. Utilize a holistic nursing framework, to develop evidence based, client centred nursing interventions.
- Evaluate evidence based practice and the relationship of research for nursing care.
- Utilize a model of reflection to analyse and evaluate management of nursing care.
- Apply reasoned fundamental nursing care within an inpatient and/or ambulatory healthcare environment; at the required level and as determined by NCNZ competencies.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017