- Code: CULI.5108
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Culinary Arts and Patisserie
|Time in class||28 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tokoroa, Taupo, Whakatane|
|Related programmes||Culinary Arts Level 5;|
The aim of this course is to equip students with the skills and knowledge to research, develop, package, label, merchandise and promote food products for commercial purposes. Students will develop and showcase a unique food product, and present a portfolio of exemplary advanced cuisine dishes and food products they have produced.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- investigate market trends and demand, and determine development opportunities for new food products;
- research, develop and produce unique food products;
- calculate product costs and perform cost analysis to determine product profit margins;
- design packaging and labelling in accordance with legislative requirements for food products;
- plan merchandising requirements and promotional activities for food products within the New Zealand market; and
- present and showcase a range of advanced cuisine and food products.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017