- Code: CULI.4007
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Culinary Arts and Patisserie
|Time in class||24 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
Develop knowledge of safety in the bakeshop, baking science, and the different categories and varieties of basic yeast-based products and gelatine-set desserts. Students will gain advanced skills in preparing, producing and presenting a range of yeast-based products and gelatine-set desserts
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Safely handle and maintain tools, equipment and utensils in a commercial kitchen.
- Identify and record hazards, and respond to emergencies within a practical cookery environment.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of fundamental baking science in relation to yeast-based products and gelatine-set desserts.
- Read and interpret recipe calculations and specifications to process and produce a range of yeast-based products and gelatine-set desserts.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Prepare and bake basic dough products in a commercial kitchen||13319|
|Safety at work||C&G 7065-42 341|
|Prepare gelatine set desserts||C&G 7065-42 348|
|Prepare and bake fermented products||C&G 7065-42 353|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017