- Code: RMAN.7005
- Fee: $1,487*
- Level: 7
- Credits: 30
- EFTS: 0.250
- Subject: Forest Management
|Time in class||32 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
|Related programmes||Graduate Diploma in Resource Management;|
The aim of this course is for students to experience the challenges of undertaking research, to develop the skills needed for planning and designing research, to research a topic using the literature, to gather and work with data, to report their results, and interpret and critique the outcome. Students will undertake their project in a resource management context of their choice.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- articulate a research question;
- prepare a proposal addressing the research question;
- determine the requirements for gathering, working with and interpreting data;
- critically evaluate and appraise published literature; and
- write a scientific report in a publishable format.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017