- Code: RMAN.6001
- Fee: $744*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Forest Management
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
The aim of this course is to provide students with knowledge of the concepts and methods of scientific analysis of natural data. Students will practice using a generic computer software package to manage data; manipulate data; conduct statistical analyses; and extract meaningful information for presentation and dissemination in a relevant format to an audience.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Construct a database using a generic computer spreadsheet package to systematically enter and manage natural data.
- Consider the applicability and usefulness of a range of statistical analysis methods.
- Manipulate data in the computer spreadsheet package environment.
- Conduct simple statistical analyses of the data utilising a defined range of relevant analytical methods, including chi square, t-test, correlation, 1-way analysis of variance.
- Extract meaningful information in a range of formats to present and disseminate to a relevant audience.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017