- Code: SSSW.7303
- Fee: $716*
- Level: 7
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Social Work
|Time in class||60 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
Students will develop a more in-depth knowledge of the application of social work theories and skills to a variety of complex client situations.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- articulate the application of advanced social work theories to the analysis of complex client situations;
- articulate theoretical and practice perspectives that are present within the assessment including an analysis of ethical considerations;
- demonstrate a critical understanding of high risk practice issues and make informed assessments for safe practice;
- demonstrate the ability to identify and propose, with sound reasoning, an appropriate intervention plan in response to the complex client situation;
- complete comprehensive social work reports including analysis and recommendations;
- critically evaluate and reflect on own and others practice by utilising Evidence Based Practice principles; and
- demonstrate ability to assess the Social Work role within Aotearoa – New Zealand.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017