- Code: SSSW.7322
- Fee: $1,430*
- Level: 7
- Credits: 30
- EFTS: 0.25
- Subject: Social Work
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
The aim of this course is to provide the student with an opportunity to practice in a supervised placement as a developing practitioner, and to articulate and integrate theories, concepts and practice from prior learning. Students will be given the opportunity to undertake social work roles and tasks under the guidance of an experienced practitioner, and to experience a high level of safe professional practice working within professional ethics and standards. They will also be given the opportunity to explore a model for self reflection in practice that will assist the student to critically analyse and critique their own practice.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- critically reflect upon the organisation and allied organisations in terms of their structures, major social service focus and primary functions;
- practice independently within the agency and adhere to the relevant codes of ethics, conduct and safe professional practice;
- demonstrate competence and the ability to integrate theory into practice when performing practitioner roles and tasks, using an action and reflection process;
- participate in the assessment of their practice, including a self-assessment, and the identification of areas for further development; and
- evaluate the importance and utilisation of clinical, cultural and administrative supervision.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017