- Code: PROF.8003
- Fee: $856*
- Level: 8
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Social Work, Tertiary Teaching
|Time in class||50 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Professional Studies; |
Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Professional Studies;
Students will critique the implications of New Zealand legislation on governance and management within a specific professional context. Students will also design processes, policies, procedures and/or guidelines to mitigate the legislative risks.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Critically examine the implications of legislation for the governance and management of professional institutions or workplaces.
- Critically evaluate the nature of the legal risk in relation to professional responsibilities and practices.
- Construct processes and/or solutions to mitigate the legal risks for a specific management area within a professional context.
- Present and justify recommendations to professional peers.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017