- Code: SPRT.4008
- Fee: $654*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Sports
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||60 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
Students will learn how to apply coaching techniques that uses educational strategies and management principles to enhance sporting outcomes. Students will examine holistic risk management strategies that support safety within the sporting environment.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- apply basic teaching theory and practice strategies that support skill acquisition in a coaching context;
- develop and implement team management structures and systems;
- design and apply a negotiated coaching session that demonstrates facilitation and organisational capabilities in practice;
- evaluate their own coaching intervention and communication skills at the conclusion of a coaching session;
- outline theory and practice that supports a collaborative management approach within a sport and /or recreational environment; and
- develop a holistic risk management and contingency plan with regard to minimising injury and loss in a sporting situation.
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017