- Code: SPRT.4004
- Fee: $654*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Sports
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
Students will be able to use foundational methods of assessment and analysis, injury management, prevention plus massage, and exercise principles of training in order to plan, implement and evaluate a basic exercise programme to meet a specific goal.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- describe fundamental exercise principles and apply these to programming including injury management, prevention, massage therapy and health-related physical fitness;
- describe the energy systems of the body and how they contribute to physical activity performance such as intensity and duration;
- outline the principles of training and explain their importance to improving fitness;
- describe and select appropriate methods of training to improve a specific component of fitness; and
- apply basic training programmes to improve specific components of fitness
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
This course includes NZQA unit standards 6400, 6401, and 6402.
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017