- Code: SPRT.4010
- Fee: $744*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Sports
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||75 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
Students will build a theoritical basis which will underpin their own psychological profile. They will investigate individual and team psychological profiles related to sports performance, exercise and leadership and apply basic knowledge and theory of psychology into practice.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- explore the concept of psychology as part of a holistic view of an individual;
- discuss the role of basic psychology in regards to performance, exercise and leadership;
- examine principles of individual and team psychology within the sporting context;
- apply introductory psychological concepts to performance, exercise and leadership within a team; and
- develop their own psychological profile in relation to performance, leadership and exercise.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017