- Code: SPRT.6001
- Fee: $654*
- Level: 6
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Sports
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||30 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, June|
Students will develop knowledge and skills of conceptual thinking, strategic planning and tactical implementation of operational systems and procedures to achieve event and management performance outcomes.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- utilise a case study approach to analyse the systems, physical resources, management processes and venue operations of an event;
- analyse and critique the customer management and site logistics of an event;
- apply staging elements to indoor and outdoor events;
- develop an event in a specified physical location and show how elements of event production (e.g., lighting, sound and effects) contribute to the success of an event;
- apply technical elements and theory to an event case study; and
- critically review operational and health and safety issues surrounding the management of events in indoor and outdoor settings.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017